Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Fixed!

My shoulder's fixed (or at least mending to the point that I can ride as long as I want now), and so is my bike's drive train. No coasting for me today, and I didn't want to, either.

Oh, and Soulmate and I are headed to Vincent on Nicollet Avenue for dinner to celebrate 25 years of wedded bliss. There's something nice about waking up next to the same person all that time; it kind of grows on you. No big parties, and no droll pictures in the paper for us. Our 25th anniversary gift is a trip to China to get the best "souvenir" of all!

One more thing: we finally got the long-awaited appointment at the U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou (scheduled for June 30 at 10:30 am), so our itinerary is set. We leave for Guangzhou in the afternoon on June 19, stay in Nanning from the 22nd to the 28th, and back to Guangzhou from the 28th to July 2nd. Gotcha Day is June 23, and from that day on, our lives will change a little...

1 comment:

Kevin Gilmore said...

Congratulations! Happy for you.