Saturday, December 15, 2007

Doc sings too

My friend Mike is an elementary music teacher. He's also an excellent keyboard and bass player and all-around good guy. He arranged and recorded a background track for a song entitled "Once Upon a Silent Night" which he and I sang as a duet at church last night. I had my young friend Katie shoot this video from the sound booth in the back of the church, so sound quality is so-so, and there are lots of people moving around (it was during the offering time, which people bring to the front of the church as opposed to some churches where they pass the plate).

I'm the skinnier one, and I sing the high part.



I actually prefer to play the bass and sing back up tenor rather than doing solos and duets in front of everybody, but Mike talked me into this one. I think, just like my bike racing, that I'll keep my day job. DOC'S ADVICE: try to spend most of your time doing what you are best at, but don't be afraid to try something different once in a while.

No comments: