Friday, November 9, 2007

Medical lecture video



I'm at a medical meeting in San Fran, and this video was shown in one of the lectures I attended. I can't remember the point that the professor was trying to make because I was laughing too hard. Hope the guy's OK.

Oh yeah, now I remember--the lecture was on surgical options for facial fractures. DOC'S ADVICE: don't try this at home. Don't try this anywhere else, either. This guy will be using a bedpan for a couple of months, I would guess.


This morning at the meeting I ran into a number of old friends: Ashley Anderson, Carlton Lee, and Wayne Kirkham, all alumni of the University of Wisconsin ENT residency program that I attended, and Don Carter, a very good friend from Washington University School of Medicine. He was a WUMS '86 and I was a WUMS '87. He went into practice in Merced, CA, about 2 hours south of here. We spent lunch and break times catching up on everything.


BTW, just got back from dinner with Beth (and Don Carter) at Boulevard on the Embarcadero near the Bay bridge. WOW! That's all I can say. Doc is speechless. I had foie gras (I love the stuff, can't get enough of it regardless of what you think about force-feeding geese), incredible rack of lamb, and the most exquisite ice cream sandwiches made with French-style macaroons that melt in your mouth. DM, I have to concur. I have a new favorite restaurant in S.F. DOC'S ADVICE: listen to your attorney when he tells you something. You won't regret it.


We needed a very long walk along the piers, all the way from the bay bridge to Ghirardelli's on the north end. We walked pier 39 and saw all the sea lions and seals, and looked across the bay at Alcatraz. We're going to try to take a boat over on Saturday afternoon for a tour. We were too tired to walk back to the restaurant, so we took the streetcar up the hill and back to the hotel. Since I can't keep my eyes open enough to spell check this post, I'm out of here...

1 comment:

Doc said...

Emailed from Adam:

Hello Steve,

I didn't know you posses such big Marco Polo's spirit - exploring new
countries....hope you have a chance to bike anywhere you go...

Your blog is very funny, I loved the movie, you should try it on the bike,
it may work(or not). It was a good season, how did it go for you....I bet
you kicked a** overall.

Pedal Power, Adam