Sunday, July 13, 2008

Cute Katie Vids

It's been a long week trying to help little Katie convert to Central Daylight Time. It really is like a religious conversion: after all the data and personal endorsements, in the end you have to choose what you are going to believe in. As far as CDT goes, Katie is still a skeptic. For now, she's going to sleep grudgingly at 8 or 9pm and waking up 2 or 3 times before she really goes into a deep sleep that lasts until 7am.

She is otherwise doing very well. She is a champion eater with a big appetite and no pickiness at all. Mount Vesuvius erupted a couple times earlier in the week, leaving a big clean up, but that's better than being bound up like she was last week. No fire on the mountain tonight.

Here are a couple of cute videos (I think so anyway). The first one is feedin' time, the second one defies succinct nomenclature, it's just entertaining:




I go back to work tomorrow, and my partners tell me it's hopping around the clinic right now, so I think I'll be hitting the road running. Katie has a little shock coming, since I've basically been in her field of view 24/7 since June 23. Tomorrow morning I have to make rounds at the hospital starting around 7:30, so our usual morning routine will be severely curtailed. I hope to make it home for lunch for a few minutes, and then back to work.

According to Soulmate, Katie will mostly miss the entertainment. Apparently, I'm her first choice for activities, but when it comes to meals or sleep, Soulmate is the choice. I can see her reasoning (if 12 month olds reason): I'm closer to Tigger and Soulmate is closer to Eyore. Soulmate is apparently a little boring during play time (I don't think so), and I'm a little too much at nap time or bedtime. So it goes.

No comments: